Here is information on how to apply for a Taiwanese visa in the Philippines. I actually had to apply for one despite supposedly being exempted since my trip last year happened when relations between Taiwan and the Philippines were a bit shaky for a few weeks.
For short term visas to Taiwan, you will have to submit the following to the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO), the office which issues Taiwanese visas in the Philippines:
1. Application form completely and correctly filled out plus one photocopy. Do not leave blanks. Indicate N/A if not applicable
2. Two (2) passport size photos 1.5 x 2 inches with white background, taken within the last three (3) months
3. Philippine Passport valid for at least six (6) months plus a photocopy of the first page
4. Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Office
5. Marriage Contract (if applicable) issued by the National Statistics Office
6. Supporting documents related to the purpose of visit and financial capability such as:
- Confirmed round trip plane ticket or booking certificate
- Certificate of Employment and letter of permission or proof of leave from employer
- Financial statements of the applicant such as: (1) Income Tax Return (2) Bank Book or Bank Statements
- Letter of Guarantee (if applicable)
7. If traveling on business, you must also submit:
- Business letter or trading records from the Taiwanese company
- Certificate of Business Name Registration and SEC Registration (if owner of the company)
- Invitation letter from the Taiwanese company or organization in Chinese letterhead that outlines clearly the purpose of your visit and duration of your stay
- Official letters or request letters from concerned authorities for official trip
- Seminar program
- Certificate of Employment, professional identification and/or company ID
- Other supporting documents if required such as SSS contribution lists, pay slip, etc.
8. All documents submitted must be original plus one photocopy
9. Applicant may be scheduled for an interview (if required)
10 Visa fees are Php2,400.00 (Single Entry) and Php4,800.00 (Multiple Entry), payable upon filing of application and are non-refundable.
11. Processing time is three (3) working days. For rush applications (one day processing), there is an Expedite Fee of Php1,200.00 (Single Entry) and Php2,400.00 (Multiple Entry)
12: Filing Time is 8:45 to 11:45 a.m. from Mondays to Fridays except holidays. Releasing Time is 1:45 to 4:45 p.m. Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
Effective March 15, 2011, Philippine passport holders may apply online for an Authorization Certificate for visa-free entry to Taiwan for up to thirty (30) days. Those eligible for visa-free entry are passport-holders with valid visas or permanent resident cards of the United States, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, European Union (Schengen), Australia and New Zealand, provided that they have never worked in Taiwan as blue-collar workers before.
Qualified applicants should register their passports and personal data at the website of the National Immigration Agency of Taiwan and apply for approval. Upon obtaining approval, print out the Authorization Certificate and show it to the airline check-in counter. Remember that the Authorization Certificate must be presented at Taiwanese Immigration together with the valid visas or permanent resident cards. Failure to do so will lead to prohibition from entering Taiwan.
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office
41st Floor, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City
Telephone No. (02) 8876688; Fax No. (02) 8877828
Download Taiwanese Visa Application Form (print on A4 paper)
Alternate link for Taiwan Visa Applcation Form